50 Truisms From the Business of Games
50 64 to the point lessons and insights from my 20+ years in the business of video games.
What is it?
A 68 page pamphlet that takes you through some of the lessons and insights I wish I had known and internalised when I started my first company.
I started fresh out of high school, stepping in every bear trap in my way. Here I share some best practices and reflect on some of the mistakes I made and problems I've walked into, and some ways to avoid them in time.
64 Short, concise and easy to remember statements, fleshed out and unpacked in less than 200 words each.
Updates for free:
Once in a while I update the pamphlet with more content. You will get future updates in your mailbox for free.
Right for you if you:
- are thinking of, or have recently started a company
- know how to make games (or the product you make), but
- don't know much about how to build a company
- starting and growing a game company (applicable to other businesses too)
- things you need to learn and think of as a founder
64 insights from 20+ years in games
☠️ Lots of traps to avoid!
Get an overview of some of the death traps to avoid as a new founder in videogames